Apr 2, 2009

Our little love!!

Our little Dax was born on March 24th at 12:31 am. He was 5 lbs. 13 oz. 19 inches long! Labor was pretty typical contractions, epidural, pushing, baby. But Our baby boy was quite the little miracle! I went in for an appt. on monday afternoon and my doctor decided since he was inducing another girl that night that he would like to induce me too. So off we went to the hospital. When it came time to actually deliver Dax's heart rate kept getting slower and slower. When the doctor finally saw his little neck the cord had been wrapped around it FIVE times! Dr. Porter quickly got him out and cut the cord. The NICU came in and took little Dax and took great care of him. We were so very lucky the doctor was already at the hospital and able to deliver our little guy right away. When he was delivered our doctor told us we were very lucky and that someone was watching over us tonight! And that is how we feel, very very blessed! To have such a sweet little spirit in our lives. It has only been a week but we feel like Dax has been with us forever. We are blessed with the best family and friends as well! I can't believe how much love we feel for our little guy, it's the best feeling in the world to have him here. I never knew I could love 2 guys so much!

Lots and lots of pictures!
This is me a little nervous about heading to the hospital.


Little Dax had to have all sorts of IV's and monitors on him in the nicu. I couldn't go but Ry did to keep him company.




This is when I got little Dax for the first time at about 4 am and he was all ready for a diaper change!



Ryan stayed up with Dax just holding him and loving him. Taking care of him the whole first night.


Our first family pic!


yay! finally time to go home!



Dax had really high biliruben levels so he had to spend the whole second day at the hospital under the lamps. I only got to see him every 4 hours to feed him. We also had to get a set of lights for our house to do the same thing, keep him under all the time except to eat. We were worried about Dax getting cold so we put the lights on the coffee table in front of the fireplace to keep him warm. Ryan and I camped out on the floor all day and night taking turns to stay with him and make sure he was ok. Luckily we only had to keep him under for one more day and night, then we got to get rid of the lights!


We got this little bouncer for him that you can hook an ipod up to and there are little speakers inside of it. Dax absolutely loves it! A few of his favorites are the killers and jack johnson!!! ha ha

And of course! Who other than Dax's cousin Angelica ,I mean Hannah!! Tara and I always joke that Hannah and Dax are like Angelica and Tommy from the Rugrats. Hannah was so excited to see her new cousin. She ran in the house and said Baby! OH he cute! I hold? She loved him and was so sweet and gentle with him.

Dax's Nana (my mom) came to stay and help out! She is the BEST! She cooked meals and treats, not only while she was here but made lots of extras we could freeze and cook so Me and Ry didn't starve. She cleaned and did laundry and took care of Dax, ran errands for us so me and Ry could rest. We are so lucky to have you nana!! Thanks for being the best, we love you to pieces and miss you so so much! I cried when she left because it was so nice and comforting to have her here! Come back soon!




When the weekend came the rest of my family came and stayed at our house. We feel really lucky to have so much love and support. This is Nana and Papa with the grandkids! Love you guys so much!

Here are all the "juicy girls" and Dax. I had to get a pic of them all in the matching juicy outfits! But don't count on Dax ever sporting one of those!


Ry went back to work on monday and came home in the afternoon to visit us! We sure love having dad around and miss him while he's gone. Im pretty sure he misses us too!




The other night while we were getting ready for bed Dax was totally wide eyed so I put him up on our bed and he just lounged like he was king! We love him so much and just think he is the cutest thing in the whole world! He pretty much runs the show at our house now and we wouldn't have it any other way!

2 comments:

B and B Slack said...

Kels he is beautiful! I am so glad everything worked out ok- what a scare! I love the dark hair! Can't wait to meet him in real life....you better let me know when you guys head this way! Again, congrats and keep the pictures coming!

Brandon & Tonya said...

Congrats Kels!! He is adorable. I'm so glad that everything worked out okay! When he gets bigger, since we live in the same town, our boys should play!:)