Aug 6, 2009

Summer Fun

Dax has been doing really well sleeping at night, and taking good long naps during the day. It definately makes life a little easier when we aren't all so tired! I switched Dax to formula and he is much happier and definately starting to fill out! Everytime I put him down for a nap he is in the totally opposite position of how I left him. Even at night when we bundle him tight in the swaddler he gets out and flips all around. I think that's why his hair is falling out on the crib. He starts out on his back and wakes up in the corner with his face in the bumper on his tummy. Today I noticed a little rash on his cheeks from rubbing his face on the sheet. I can't believe how active he is and how much he has grown. When we put him on his tummy he moves his arms and legs and looks like he is swimming. I try to show him to put his but in the air and crawl but he doesn't quite get that yet!
We are loving our house and the ward here is THE best! Before I met Ryan I had never even heard of Mapleton. I sure do love it though ,and we have some of the best neighbors and friends here!

In the Morning when we come downstairs for breakfast Dax likes to hang out in his bumbo and watch me make breakfast. He likes to distract me from getting anything done!!

Lately Dax doesn't love to lay on the ground and play. He likes to be up and seeing what is going on. Sometimes when I set him on his bum he locks his knees and tries to stand while i'm holding him. He sticks his little bottom lip out, I don't know where he got this from. He has done it since day one! I think mom is a little camera happy and he gets sick of it. You can tell by the look on his face.

July 24th Ryan's family always goes to the spanish fork rodeo. We took Dax and he did really well. It was a little noisy but we almost made it through the whole thing. He can't wait to do the muttin bustin in a few years!



we went up to Logan last week for a little family reunion with my dads side of the family. It was so fun for everyone to meet Dax and for us to get to see them! We had a bbq with my moms family that night in Logan. My aunt Denise is a great cook. Ryan really knows what he is missing out on after eating there!
Dax was worn out from the day and passed out right on the arm of the chair while playing with aunt Camber.

Darrin is the best uncle!! He loves Dax so much!! We are so very proud of Darrin and the choices he is making in his life! After a trip to China, Paris and Germany this summer he is headed away to college! He was offered scholarships from a number of different Universities after graduation. He decided to accept Utah State Universities offer and go there majoring in Chemistry. He's pretty excited to go to the same school my dad graduated from. After the fall semester Darrin will be returning home for Christmas and then preparing for his mission in January!! Although I am just so excited for him and really proud, It is a little bittersweet to see him grow up and leave home. But I know he will Do amazing things with his talents! He is the best brother in the world. He really is so good with Dax when his sisters and mom give him a turn! ;) Darrin has a great heart. We love you bud!

We stayed at my grandma Layne's house and so did Tara's family. Little Hannah (angelica) wanted to hold cousin! It is so much fun to see our kids together. We never get a great picture of the two of them. It usually turns into an action shot. Hannah is quite the little mother to Dax and likes to "pet" him as well! Tara, I can't wait for you to have more kids for Hannah to pet and take care of! He took a bath at Denise's house and I didn't have any pj's for him. Kiley let him borrow a cheerleading t shirt to wear to bed though!

Let me fix your hair for the picture!!!

Hannah looks 2 going on 14 in this picture! Dax is pretty good to hang out with and happy to have the attention!

My friend jana brought her jumper over for Dax to try. He looked so cute in it! He didn't jump a ton, but he walked around and would tap his foot. I loved it.

Jana's little boy Dylan is 8 months old. Dax and Dylan are cute little buddies! Jana got them matching sun glasses and I think it is the cutest little thing I have ever seen! They both wore them really well and grinned and talked like they were the coolest kids on the block! Were so glad they live so close to us so we can have some friends nearby!








Dax was just chillin while I put some new sheets on his bed the other morning. I love to get him out of bed in the morning he is so happy and cuddley!

No comments: